Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seems like yesterday...

September 14 2001

Doug and I got married...

I could turn this post into an overpriced greeting card...you know the sappy ones that go something like this...

"I married my best friend...the love of my life...my soul mate..." blah blah *barf* blah blah


If I gave Doug a card....it would be like this...



If Doug gave me a card it would be like this...




I wish I could put a wedding pic online...but since we got married in a more simpler time...our photographer didn't have a digital camera...there probably is a way to get my negatives onto a CD or whatever..I tried scanning a pic once but the quality wasn't that great...

So...what is the secret to staying married for 10 years...how have Doug and I managed to stay married for ten years when a majority of marriages today barely make 5 years...I'm just making that up...I really don't know the statistic...

Well..I will tell ya what works for us....

WARNING! *Mom if your reading this you might want to exit the screen now* WARNING!

Sex...lots of it...in fact..and you might want to hold onto something while you read this but...after 10 years of marriage and 3 kids...the sex is better than ever and its happening at least twice a week and in some unusual places(and by places I mean locations)...yes...I still look at my man and think..."damn girl...you got yourself one fine ass husband"

Doug has the whole package...he is an amazing father...I look at him with our kids and I just love him even more...and he just gets better with age...he is completely fine with me being a crappy housewife...he doesn't complain when he comes home from work and the house is messy and he is friggin grateful if I take the time and make him a sandwich...he loves me just the way I am..he has never once commented that I am overweight..he loves my stretchmarks and thinks me having a few grey hairs is an indicator that he is with a "real woman"

Okay, its true...

10 years ago I did marry my soul mate...my best friend..my partner in crime...my shoulder to cry on...I can only hope the next 10 years are as great as the first 10...and I know without a doubt we will grow old together...

Like these two...


We are celebrating with friends tonight over supper...these friends are getting married next April...we won't scare them too much...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it through the first 10 years of marriage. You have a lot of great things to show for those ten years...especially the kiddos. Darryl and I just had the 5th and we hope we are where you are in the next 5 years:) Hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete