Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting down to business...

Okay...serious blog post...

I mentioned a few weeks I ago I was looking for a job...and since my desire to dominate the world is not gonna happen or become a supermodel... I need something else...

I am trained/educated as a secondary school teacher...I am qualified to teach history/social studies...

So why am I not teaching?

I want to wait until my youngest goes to school before I start my actual career...

But in the meantime...

I feel like I need something to do....

When I was in university my professors used to tell me to be an author...they would hang on to my papers to show them to other professors and students...I remember sitting in class one day and one of my profs whipped out one of my papers and read it to the whole class...telling everyone they should be writing that good....I was mortified...I practically slid under my desk...I don't mean to toot my own horn...but I *think* I am a good writer..my grammar however is another matter...I've won poetry and short story contests over the years...I don't take it seriously though...until now...

Six months ago I started writing a novel...I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this..but I'm pretty much creating a historical romance novel (yes, go ahead and laugh..haters to the left...)..I began it with the intention of it just being a hobby...something to do in my spare time...but now I am really thinking..I could make money off this so called hobby...if my novel doesn't suck and I can get a publisher..it just might sell...I could be the next Johanna Lindsey WOOT!

But until that happens...I am wondering if I can do something else in the meantime...like be a freelance writer...so I have begun looking for work in that field...just anything really...I'm sure there is tons of opportunities out there...even just helping students with their term papers...

Moving along...

Tomorrow Doug begins his new job...I really don't know what exactly it is that he will be doing...it involves screw drivers and wire cutters...he will be doing maintenance on airplane parts at the airport...yeah, something like that...

The spawns are doing great...Hallie is getting settled into grade 4...she really hates school with a passion...I predict a lot of her high school days will be spent "skipping off"

Its going to be a busy October...I am hosting a shower...James will have his 2nd birthday and then its off to Jamaica at the end of the month...since we will be in Jamaica for Halloween we all decided to dress up at the resort...I can't decide what to be...slutty fairy...slutty pirate..slutty chef...the possibilities are unlimited...I do know for sure one thing I will be on Halloween...drunk...

Have a happy Sunday!








1 comment:

  1. Jamaica, I am soooo jealous! I applaud you for writing a novel, that's something I don't think I'd have the patience or talent to do.

    Can't wait to see the resort pics! Miss hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete