Friday, September 23, 2011

Fat-less Friday...

I never thought in a million years I would ever type these words...

I am too skinny...

I went through some of my more fancier summer clothes last night...trying to find some things I can wear in Jamaica...my usual wardrobe choice of sweats and graphic tees ain't gonna fly down there...I found a few dresses and skirts...they don't fit...they are too big..I bought a lot in the beginning of summer...I've lost about 25lbs since then..this is only depressing because I do not have the extra money to buy new clothes for a vacation and probably won't be worn until next summer and Christ knows how much I will weigh then...so my only options are to gain some weight (I just shed a tear) or bite the bullet and buy some new ones...decisions decisions...

This trip is stressing me out more and more...I'm not sure its worth it...

Yesterday I decided to google the resort just to see exactly where the hell I am going...I read in some reviews that there are no locals on the beach offering their services...like massages and hair braiding...in Dominican Republic...they have local women wander up and down the beach asking if you want a massage or hair braided...that might seem ghetto to some but I really don't care who I get a massage from...so I probably won't be able to have my hair braided*sad face*
I can get a massage on the beach organized through the resort spa but they charge $130US dollars per hour..no thanks...I was also reading that the beach does not allow topless sun bathing...well, I guess you can do it but if you are bothering somebody the staff may ask you to cover up...I went topless in the Dominican Republic...it wasn't big deal...lots of women did it...so now I am worried about exposing myself and getting in trouble...its an adults only resort so I'm not sure what the fuss is about...my guess is that it ain't the men complaining...and its not like I'm gonna run up and down the shoreline a la Baywatch with my chest bouncing up and down...I'm talking laying in my own little beach hut on my stomach...and if I sit up or reach for my drink and my breasts are exposed in the process..oh well...

I just want to clarify about my post yesterday...I didn't mean to imply I flirt or intentionally check out other men...its not like that...Doug and I have a rule...we can look at the menu all we want but we can never order...

I'm hoping to clean out my laundry room this weekend and have Doug stack our washer and dryer...I don't have much space in there now and would like to be able to use some of the room for storage..maybe I can throw a coat of paint on the wall also...that's my weekend project...

Its rainy and gross here today...we won't be going outside...not due to the weather....but because a satellite the size of a school bus is supposed to hit earth today...I'm not taking any chances....I wonder if Doug could sue NASA if a piece of the satellite landed on my head?

Have a great Friday and keep your eye on the sky....







No comments:

Post a Comment