Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In the still of the night...

I like to do certain things, random things...I love to get up in the middle of the night and open the patio door and just spend a few minutes looking at the sky and woods...but I only enjoy it if it is really cold and there is snow...its the smell of the air that I crave....I love it so much that I buy perfume oils with that scent, and I have to confess I spent $85 on a candle called Zagorsk... I did not even sniff it before I purchased it, the description alone sold me...



"Zagorsk opens with a surge of crisp pine and cedar. At its heart is an almost clean feeling… like pine cones strewn on brand-new snow on a dark winter's eve. Pretty poetic, and so is Zagorsk. At the base is Russia's famous birch wood, but not smoky, just the memory of old, fragrant fires burned in an Orthodox church in the middle of a forest. Clear and clean with a touch of melancholy"



I love it so much, I only burned it half way...I need to save it





When I'm not wasting money, I spend majority of my computer time reading other mommy blogs, and there is one I have been following for the last year or so, I'm not going to type the blog name and she may or may not visit this page, but this particular mama does not vaccinate her son, as seems to be the trend lately...anyhoo, she wrote on her last entry that she is looking for ways to have her little boy who is just over 2, catch measles, small pox and chicken pox, she wants to end nursing and wants him to get those before she quits...LADY, YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY...its a no brainer, I vax my little punks...and those that don't fine, but keep your kids off the playgrounds and out of the schools...these diseases are still going around and unvaccinated children can and have died from even the chicken pox..imagine allowing your child to catch chicken pox and have them die from complications..etc..how would a mother be able to live with herself?



*steps off my soap box*





Okay, I left out some tidbits last post...we got Leah's hair cut last week...she did okay, she had to sit on her daddy's lap and she would not let the girl put a cape on her..I think Doug is still picking hair off of him...



My dad is home from the hospital and is doing as can be expected, he had to have his lymph nodes removed and lost some of his ear..so I've been nurse Amanda... I have to clean his incisions once a day and check his blood pressure 3x a day...



I mentioned that Hallie was growing out of her clothes, I took her shopping at Old Navy, and she is now wearing a size M shirt....I remember not long ago, I was buying XS...she is all arms and legs...



James is doing great, we are working on tummy time..he is almost soon going to be rolling over...



Here is his monthly pics...











Sitting on the chair...





I should have done those monthly pics of Leah, it will be neat to see all 12 and compare...




I love putting his hair in a mohawk...








The weekend is almost here, yippee! We have no big plans, all I can hope for is to sleep past 7am

No comments:

Post a Comment