Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beouf Bliss...

I did it....

Sunday, I cooked Julia Child's famous Boeuf Bourguignon...and it was to die for... I quote Julia's opinion about it " carefully done, and perfectly flavoured, it is certainly one of the most delicious beef dishes concocted by man"

I think it would have to be one of the best meals I have ever made... the man had 2 servings and was picking at the pot all night, I served it with mashed potatoes...it was not terribly difficult, but very time consuming and labour intensive..but worth it I think...I was going to take pictures, but I had some unexpected company show up, and they would have thought I was strange for taking pics of my cooking...anyhoo, I do plan to make it again soon, and will photograph it!

I just want to say hello *waves* to all my readers, I know that I have some local fans, but have been getting visits from Americans...awww, I feel so special!


James and Leah had Dr. checkups yesterday....

James, his blood is staying where it should be, so we are looking at 1x a month for testing now..he also weighs 14lb 14oz..so I have a big boy..

Leah, had to get her 18 month vaccinations...a month late, she weighs in at almost 26lbs and is doing great!

Doug bought a car last night, I have no clue what model/year it is, all I know that it is supposed to be hella cheap on gas, or diesel...it is currently costing us approx $100 a week for Doug to go to school and home, and his school is only 20 min away...

Not much new with me, I am on the verge of purchasing cloth diapers..I am going through way to many between James and Leah and I am sick of the smell..etc..its time for the switch....Doug is not going to be happy...

I've got a day at the spa planned for Saturday with my mom, I'm so excited!

My dad had his stitches and staples removed yesterday, everything has healed well and he will start his radiation soon...he has 35 days of it...


Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment