Friday, July 29, 2011

Feeling hungry?

I'm sure you have heard about the current famine situation in Somalia...maybe not considering much of the real "news" is overshadowed by which celebrity is banging who...


I really don't understand how in this day and age...a child...any child...any place can be hungry....

How much food does the free world throw out and waste on a daily basis...

My brain does not compute...

I'm as guilty as the next person for wasting food...we all do it...how many times a day do I go to the fridge...stare at shelves of food...sigh and complain I have nothing to eat....shame on me...

Shame on us all....

I know habits are hard to break....its not like when we eat our supper...we think "oh there is a child somewhere starving...I should eat all my food and not waste it"

I went to the supermarket today...I loaded my cart up with cupcakes, chips, ice cream (and fruits and veggies) Its just sickening at all the shit we can buy that we don't need...ice cream is fun and yummy...but we don't need it....

And somewhere a child does not have access to the basic of nutritional necessities....


It boggles me that something cannot be done...locally there are places, stores and restaurants that donate leftover food etc...to the soup kitchens and homeless shelters..can not someone with a plane fly food over there...I know I know...its not that easy....these children need special diets, they need IV nutrition....





Did that picture shock you?

Will that picture make you think twice about the food you waste?

If you have answered yes to both questions....

Good....that was my intention...

Go to sleep tonight and be thankful you have a full belly....



Its now Saturday morning....I just have to add...this morning I saw an ad run on TV for famine support, you know the ones..showing those helpless children..playing the ominous music and they tell you "if you don't pick up the phone and donate right now, those kids are as good as dead" Then following this ad.. there was an advertisement for some all you can eat buffet restaurant...really broadcast editors...could you not have found some other filler...like an advert for depends....then when I go online the big news of the morning is that some Hollywood slut's father just purchased her a house for $85 MILLION....the mind boggles...have fun keeping that clean bitch!


No comments:

Post a Comment