Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Start!

I'm not going to apologize for being a most horrible blogger...the last few months have been crazy for me..highs and lows...mostly lows..but I'm back *picks myself up and dusts off* I made a promise to myself that I am going to rejoin the land of the living and be a frequent blogger!


I've been dealing with bouts of depression...which I think is grief most days...its almost a year since I lost my dad *sniff* Some days I get by and some days I don't...some days I love thinking about my dad, and smile as I recall some memory or other...some days I break down and sob thinking of some memory or other...I'm not sure if this is all normal when grieving, maybe...Some days I seem to be in denial that he is really gone...like maybe I really am in a dream..or I will hear a car pull up and immediately think..."dad is home"...the mind loves to play tricks...I will say grief does put a positive spin on some things...I've lost 60lbs since January!

Anyhoo...I've got so much to update I should get into it before my reading my post becomes a 2 day endeavor...I think it will be easiest for me to work backwards...current events before past ones...

The girls (Leah and Hallie, in case you forgot) went camping (in a cabin) with my mom (she don't do tents) and other relatives this week...I was quite surprised Leah went with my mom as she has been in a clingy stage and wouldn't even leave us overnight..but she went and stayed, she is home now but Hallie decided to stay a few extra days and will be back tomorrow...here is a pic of them with Boo Boo bear...I'm not sure where Yogi bear was...off looking for his pic a nic basket or maybe getting busy with Cindy bear in the woods...Leah has been telling me all about her trip...roasting marshmallows...bumper boats..merry go rounds...all that crap kids love...











OK...major event #2....Doug graduated! I am so proud of my husband....this man is a high school dropout (he may or may not get pissy with me for announcing that to the world) and he graduated from a 2 year aviation engineering program...were talking scientific math and physics people! I have high school and 2 university degrees and I don't know if I could pull that one off! Doug was quite a bad boy when I met him 13 years ago, that's what attracted me to him...I only planned to have him around as my summer boy toy, but I fell in love and fell pregnant but we will be having our 10 year wedding anniversary this September..eep...and he is still my boy toy!








Big event #3....Leah had her 3rd birthday! It was hot the day she was born and it was hotter than normal on her birthday...she wanted a Thomas Train cake, so Doug...being the Betty fuckin Crocker that he is...made one for her...God, my husband is so full of win...he will work 12 hours a day and come home and bake and design a cake...



Also, Hallie is going into grade 4 this September...I really can't believe that I will have a 10 year old in a few months...not long now for the the teenage emo angst...can't wait!


I think that is really about all that has been happening in Mosherland...pretty uneventful summer so far...I do plan to get totally trashed next weekend...its been about 10 years since I've been really drunk..and when I mean drunk, I mean like my clothes start coming off and my dancing takes on a whole new level of jiggity...good times for sure...I just really need to get out...


Peace!










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update :) Love the Betty Fuckin Crocker comment...made me laugh so hard.

    Can't wait to see you all next week!!!

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see your gorgeous little family again!!! Congrats on the 60 lb weight loss, even though it may not have been the funnest for you; you look great. Each day will make you stronger and get to be a little more comfortable, just keep on pushing. Don;'t be a stranger!!

    ReplyDelete