Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Debut....

I promised to post the little blurb Hallie had written...so here it is....little background first...the teacher told the class to pick a moment and "blow it up" so to speak, like if you were laying in the grass, don't just put "I was laying in the grass"...go beyond that....build on it with imagination and emotion...

So I am now presenting you, the first great literary work of Hallie Mosher..... I have corrected the spelling..etc..

One Moment

"My favorite place is the woods by Candice's house, I smelled pine cones. I heard some deer running in the fields and the sun was shining, the wind was blowing, the grass was shaking. Around the trees there is only a little bit of grass, I laid on a patch of moss. When I looked up at a tree, the birds made the face of a deer. It was Easter morning and I could hear the sound of the springs on the trampoline as Candice and her friend were bouncing on it. The birds were singing and the tree's leaves were blowing in the wind."

*Sniff, Sniff* I am so proud of her, as a writer myself, I am thrilled that she seems to enjoy putting thoughts to paper..she is into deer at the moment, so I strolled on over to Etsy and bought her a beautiful bound journal with deer artwork, I want to encourage her to write, anything at all and even only a few words...I suggested some kid writing workshops for her, but that was pushing it...just remember when she is bigger than Danielle Steel someday...you read her here, first!

Well, that was quite the hockey game last night....too bad for all you Habs fans...guess your boys should have stayed out of the penalty box....my nanny is a huge Montreal fan, she will be bitter today...


I am going to Hell, recently I have taken great joy in torturing the neighbors 2 cats....the little bastards are always at my bird feeders...so I watch them..and when I see them doing their little crouch down ass shaking, ready to pounce thing that they do, I open my patio door and yell and scream...they lose concentration and the birds scatter....and when I am really pissed, I send my dog out after them...all I have to say is " go chase the kitties" open the door and he hones on them like a sonar...I do like cats really, but I love my birds more...and a little piece of me dies when I see one of them going with a bird in its mouth...they go by unsuspecting names too...Lucky and Tigger...puhleeez!

I know I promised some pics, but my usb cable thingy went AWOL...Doug is doing some remodelling to the basement and it is quite disorganized..he had this great idea one day...lets hang the tv on the wall...so, yeah...now our tv is hanging on the wall and the kids are bitching of neck cramps from looking up to watch it...speaking of...I am a terrible mother, but I let Leah watch tv while she eats...I set up a little table and chair for her, suction her bowl to the table and she will sit and eat it all...James also loves to watch tv....yes I realize that is a huge MOMMY FAIL...but it could be worse, I could be offering my kids crack or wine...or both...

Looks to be a quiet Saturday here...weather is crappy, kids are still croupy...so no dancing around the May pole for me...

Have a great May Day

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment