Friday, August 21, 2009

"Lady put down that coffee..."

The pregnancy police.....they are out there and gave me my 1st infraction!

I went into Timmy Ho's the other night to get myself a medium iced coffee...I had to wait for it to be made, so I am standing with some other people who I also assume are waiting for their food.. etc, anyways.. my drink is called, the lady working is older and gives me the 3rd degree..

"did you order the medium iced coffee?"
Yes.
"Is it for you"
Yes.
"caffeine is bad in pregnancy"

Yes, this coming from someone who probably in her day was allowed a glass of brandy every night

I wanted to ask her why if she had her medical degree was she working in Tim Horton's...

I've been ordering iced coffees all summer, and have gotten the stink eye a few times but she is the 1st to comment..

That reminds me of Doug's birthday party, I had a sip of his beer and one guest looked at me as if I had just killed a baby kitten

It really yanks my chain when people criticise what pregnant women eat or drink...I am sure most of us check with our Dr's about our diet...its not like I was buying a carton of cigs and chugging on a bottle of Jack Daniels....

Oh, and just so you all know...I am allowed up to 300mg of caffeine a day...a medium coffee from Tim's has 100mg...

I should have ordered the large...



2 comments:

  1. LMAO....thanks sweetie for that, after a long work week from hell you brought a smile to my face as you so often do.....love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said "I'm not pregnant".

    ReplyDelete