Friday, January 9, 2009

Six Months Ago

I had this...



8lbs

Now I have this...

18lbs

Leah has grown so fast, its almost like I do not have a baby anymore! She sits on her own, holds a sippy cup, laughs out loud for no reason, she really does have the sweetest personality, I am so blessed to be her Mama! I can have the worst day/night ever and all I have to do is have her smile at me and nothing else matters, it melts my heart!


I spent the last 2 days making and freezing homemade baby food, it was tiring but a lot of fun. While I am sure jar food is perfectly fine and reasonably cheap, but its not made with love and I like the fact that I can make all kinds of combinations. I did avacado, papaya, pears and mangos, I doubt those come in the jar variety. For vegetables I did broccoli, butternut squash, zucchini and cauliflower. Doug complained that she would probably not like all that, and that is fine, but at least I can offer them to her and let her decide and god help me if I have another picky child.




My New Years resolution is not to purchase anything for myself, unless I absolutely need it (i.e a bra or toothpaste) So far so good. I am trying to live a minimalistic life, to be more aware of my environment and contribute less waste. Doug asked me if it was alright for other people to purchase stuff for me, I guess that would be okay, but it does not help in me cutting down on material items. I have so much shit stockpiled that it would probably take a year for me to need to buy anything anyways. I am doing the same with Leah, poor kid will never have a massive amount of anything. When Hallie was a baby she always had the best (and most) toys, etc..but she never really cared about them at all. Leah will have to enjoy the pots and pans, tupperware and Xmas wrapping rolls, cause thats all she will be getting, hahha...Hallie ruined everything for her! I just think having an insane amount of toys for a baby is ridiculous, now see if I can convince the in laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment