Sunday, August 8, 2010

A dark place...

My dad is at the end....God, help me...it kills me to see him so sick...

I pray it will be over soon...this is what it has come to...praying for the death of your father...

I'm angry at God...if it is your will to take him from this earth- fine, just please don't make him suffer...

I just want to say a big FUCK YOU to cancer!

The tears flow so easily and frequently.... I cry so hard I suffocate myself..I make myself vomit

I know he will be going to a better place, he will be made whole and we will have a glorious reunion someday...

I keep thinking this is a horrible nightmare...I will wake up and see my dad, he will be sitting in his lazy boy eating lays and watching a western...I will tell him about the horrible dream I had, he will laugh and tell me I'm nuts...

Can this really be happening to me, to us...to my children? How will I explain to my 8 year old that her grandad is gone..she is too young to understand the finality of death...my 2 year old will wonder where her grandad went...my 9 month old will not even notice...

Cancer was always someone else's problem...why I would think God would spare my family, I don't know...we are no more better or special than anyone else... I always heard about other people's loved one passing from it, and I would think...that must be so devastating..I'm so lucky...well my luck has run out...

I have now become a statistic...I will lose a loved one to cancer...

But you can bet your asses I will be a champion for cancer research and funding...my dad and the millions of others will not die in vain....I will devote my life to finding a cure for this horrible disease...

Please keep my dad in your prayers....


2 comments:

  1. Oh my God. This post breaks my heart. I can't imagine. I have never had to go through losing somebody so close to me and when that day comes I am sure my whole world is going to fall apart.

    My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I am praying for you. I've lost my grandfather and aunt to cancer at young ages, so I know exactly what you're going through. My prayers are with you and know God is with you in your tough time.

    If you need ANYTHING please let me know. Please, send me your address out too, so I can get you something in the mail :)

    Please keep me updated and don't be afraid to ask.

    ReplyDelete