Friday, October 2, 2009

Torn between two Kings....

As many of you know, I am a history freak...I did my University degree in History focusing on Tudor/Elizabethan/Stuart England...I'm obsessed with anything Tudor


So, if I have a boy its only fair I name him after my 2 favorite cast of characters from that period...


King Henry VIII





So the guy beheaded 2 of his wives and was probably a real asshole, but I love him anyways...And when I was in England 2 years ago most of my visit revolved around this man..and I gotta say standing on his tomb is one of the greatest moments of my life...He did crazy things for the women he loved and fathered the greatest monarch in English history (Queen Elizabeth I)...you can Wiki the man if you want more..
So maybe I will have a little Henry....
Or...
King James I


This man had a fascinating life...crowned the King of Scotland as a baby, had Mary Queen of Scots as a mother (She was beheaded by Elizabeth I) and when Elizabeth I died he was crowned the king of England, I guess she felt bad for beheading his mom...He had a wife, but often took male lovers...he was scandalous..
So maybe a little James...




I guess you will have to wait and see...Doug and I have decided on a girl name but we are keeping it a secret....
I had a Dr appointment this week, she checked my cervix and I am not dilated yet but my cervix is soft and I am beginning to efface..so I will be getting more contractions, I have been bouncing on my exercise ball to get baby to move into position and get those pelvic muscles ready for birth...
Hallie's barbies are pregnant this week....they share the same Ken...lots of drama..lol
Also read this morning that babies born today can expect to easily live to 100...
but they still move out at 18 right?

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment