Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yes, I'm "just" a stay at home mom...

I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home with my children...I know some crazy is not taking care of my child and doing God knows what with her...but I got this comment the other day and it bothered me...

I was chatting with a lady and we got onto the discussion of maternity leave, since she noticed I already had a small child and was due with another, she was curious about maternity leave..I said I'm a stay at home mom....

"Oh. So, you just stay at home? You don't work?"

Yep! I just stay at home. Its not work at all...

Lets go over my day...

6:30-Hallie up, Hallie breakfast, Leah breakfast, Hallie dressed, Hallie off to school...clean, laundry, entertain Leah, more cleaning, lunch...play with Leah, more laundry, nap time, Hallie home from school, deal with schoolwork, snacks, make supper, clean, baths, play, snacks, bed...I pretty much do everything except wipe Doug's ass...

Throw in days where I have to go grocery shopping and run errands...

Adding on that I am 9 months pregnant...

I can not take a 15 when I want, I am on call 24 hours.....

yeah, no work there...

Its a shame we put so little value in raising our children, or some just have the misconception that stay at home moms just sit around in our pajamas all day watching soaps and eating bon bons...

While I love being with my kids all day, I do miss the interaction with other adults, having my "own" thing...I envy that Doug can see our kids quirks and behavior as cute and funny, where they annoy me because I deal with them all day long.


So, I asked Hallie if she wanted me to get a job, that would mean more money to buy stuff for her...this is what she said..

"I love that you are always there for me"

There is not a big enough paycheck in the world that can compare to that...besides, I get paid in hugs and kisses, smiles and love...

I give props to working moms also, who do all that and be out of the house for 8 hours a day...

So can we all agree that there is no such thing as a "non working mom"...

Now, I must go let the magical elves out so I can relax in the lazy boy and get caught up on my soaps....

Shit, where did I put those bon bons....













1 comment:

  1. your very proud motherSeptember 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

    do you want to share my bon bons??? thanks for the smile and keep up the good mothering...love your mom

    ReplyDelete