Friday, December 2, 2011

The rest of the story....

Apologies....my last post got cut off for some reason...now I can't remember what I wrote...oh well....

Anyhoo....we picked the kitten up Saturday night....the Savannah kitten we have been waiting almost a year for...well, she is finally here....I do have pics but I got a new phone and haven't figured out how to get the pics sent to the computer from my mobile...I traded in my crackberry for an android...I miss my old phone but the new one has a bigger screen...and we all know...bigger is better...so yeah...Hallie named the cat Princess...I hate that name...I usually give my pets human names...and then I give them nicknames...I'm weird like that...our Dog was originally Spencer...then Buddy...but we all call him Ruffie..my cat is named Arabella but we call call her bellybean...I haven't come up with a nickname for Princess...I'm throwing names around....maybe debt...maxed out...damn that cat cost a lot....


Not much else going on here...the kids are getting in the Christmas spirit...we put our lights up...Doug found a blow up Santa in an airplane...so that is on our roof...idiot actually nailed it on the roof....I'm sure when he takes it down in May it will leave holes and the roof will leak when it rains...Doug loves the whole Christmas lights thing...he is like Clark Fuckin Griswold...go big or go home...

I will say doing Christmas crafts is a good way to get the kids to do something together...we have made snowflakes and scented tree ornaments...

I bought a chicken to roast on Monday night...now Doug and the kids only eat pure white chicken meat...so I had a whole chicken carcass left...what to do? I decided to make homemade chicken stock for chicken noodle soup....holy Christ...I will never buy store bought boxed chicken broth again...I made the broth Tuesday night and made chicken noodle soup last night...it was so good...Jewish grandmother's would be jealous...so try that next time you have any left over chicken...fill a stock pot half full with water...add the chicken or bones or whatever...couple of celery sticks and carrots and whole onion...bring to a boil then simmer for 3-4 hours...divine! And it freezes well too....your welcome!


Have a great weekend...I will be finishing up my Christmas shopping.....online



No comments:

Post a Comment