Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paradise

I didn't get a chance to upload the pics last night...Doug had to work late and I was on bedtime duty by myself...

First off....if you are looking to go visit an all inclusive resort...Sandals Whitehouse is the place to go...it really is paradise...the resort is breathtaking...the grounds are immaculate and the staff is top notch...every request we made was returned with a "no problem mon".  If you are just standing around a worker will come up and ask if everything is OK and can they do anything for you...they work morning till night to make sure the resort is perfect and they always have a friendly smile and ask "wah gwan?" which means "whats going on?" and if everything is cool we just responded "irie"...which means everything is going great...I picked up the Jamaican slang after a day or two...

It was insanely hot there...like your out for 5 minutes and you can feel your skin starting to burn..we got used to it after a few days...but I spent most of my day in the shade or in the pool and all the rooms and buildings have AC so it wasn't unbearable...I'm not a sun person by any means but I did miss the sun and heat when I got home...despite loading on sunscreen I did manage to get a great tan..

My pics are out of order...usually I am OCD about making the pics go in sequence but I just don't care now...and we took about 300 pics but I'm just going to post the ones that give you a general idea of our week...


If you want to make a drinking game out of this....take a shot for every time I type amazing or beautiful




Fountain they have in the main plaza


Who is this beautiful lady? That would be my mom




We always had some sort of creature made out of towels after the maid cleaned our room...Doug insisted this was an elephant..I'm still not convinced...as you all know...I have a dirty mind..so I automatically assumed it was something else that resembled a trunk...






Wedding pics are up next...

The whole affair was beautiful...I really wish I had gotten married down south now...the beach and the waves..it was amazing...




My brother and his wedding party..oh and my grandmother's head...silly nanny!



The new Mr and Mrs....
My grandmother and mother with the newlyweds...I loved Lindsay's dress...I'm glad she didn't wear some sort of stripper fairy dress...she has a smokin body and can wear any type of dress...bitch!


Their first dance on the beach...stingrays actually jumped out of the water while they were dancing

The reception was right on the beach...see this table full of booze...yep, it was all for us

My brother, mom and I...the sky was so beautiful I just know my dad was right up there


Another shot of the reception..the sun was just beginning to set


Doug and I


Cutting the cake after their dance



Doug and Ryan



More random resort pics...

.






The main building


The view from our room




Being the nerd at heart that I am...I dragged Doug along for a botanical tour of the resort they offered...this is me holding an almond...the nut is actually inside of that green thing

One of the 3 pools on the resort

This is a Traveller tree...the slaves used it because it held water...Doug and I thought they were fake at first or that it was a regular palm tree squished to make it look that way...but nope..it is real and grows just like that

Doug and I did a glass bottom boat tour..I got to hold a sea urchin...that little sucker is sharp

A picture of the reef...the reef is highly protected as it takes 10 years for even a small piece of it to grow back

Just your run of the mill palm tree


The pool that was ourside of our room...it had a swim up bar...ever try swimming drunk...it ain't  easy...


This is an ackee tree...it is Jamaica's national fruit


The beach at night



We paid a pool boy to reserve us a bed by the pool everyday....he always made it  special

This is a banana tree...I hate bananas...but did you know that it  takes 9 months to grow a banana?

A starfish...those things are huge

Me holding a sea cucumber...or "penis of the sea" as the locals call them..it was quite a handful..but hey...I'm used  to it...




I will add some more pics later...I have to get the rest from my other camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment