Wednesday, June 3, 2009

That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet...

As Shakespeare once wrote..."what's in a name?"


I have names and hockey on the brain this week (and not much else) but really, 3rd time around is not so easy and I have to think of boy names this time (just in case)

We usually do not go by meaning of the name when picking..obviously, as I just looked up Hallie's and Leah's and they are not very..hmmm..what is the word I am looking for...not very pretty..

Hallie:

In English, the name Hallie means- cleaning of hay. The name Hallie orginated as an English name. The name Hallie is most often used as a girl name or female name.

She may clean up hay at some point in her life, but she cleans up nothing else.

Leah:

In Israeli, the name Leah means- weary. The name Leah is most often used as a girl name or female name.

Weary. Exactly what she makes me.

So maybe we should look at meanings this time hahaha

So far this is what we, or should I say I have come up with (Doug only agrees/disagrees, he does not suggest)

Girl:

Grace
Mya
Alyssa

Boy:

James
Brennan
Ashdon
Michael (not Mike, and I am not sure if people would call him Michael or Mike)
Douglas Jr. (D.J)
Tyler


I'm sure once my mother reads this I will have her opinion on the matter. We use 2 middle names, one random and one family and we are keeping the family ones witheld until birth. I think we will pick 1 or 2 then wait and see the baby and decide or maybe pick a whole new name

Moving on....

Here is what I had in my bed this morning...I was invaded! I woke up to Hallie beside me and Doug was on the couch???






I gave Leah a makeover this morning...



And another snake lover in the making....





Have a great half week!



No comments:

Post a Comment